Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thursday Sweet Treats: Chocolate Chip, Malted Milk, Raspberry Dream and Chocolate Nougat

A new recipe?  Nope, just a card!  But doesn’t it sound yummy??

This week’s Thursday Sweet Treats’ theme was “Joy of Dance”;  what could be more joyful than the first dance of a bride and groom? joyofdance1

I grabbed my new favourite SU set- To Have and To Hold.  I knew I wanted something rich and elegant, and I’ve been dying to try a new ribbon technique.

I found some beautiful S.E.I. Chocolate Nougat dp (beautiful, sparkly and costly! but so worth it);  I made the card base out of SU Chocolate chip, and framed it Bazzil Raspberry Dream and Malted Milk.  I’m craving dessert now, are you?? 

I had seen the famous Martha make some little roses with ribbon over the Christmas holidays.  I bookmarked it, and set it aside.  And of course, lost the bookmark when my computer crash.  I went searching and was able to find this ribbon rose tutorial here.  This actually seems to be a bit easier than the Martha tutorial, and it worked perfectly.  joyofdance2I used Chocolate satin  5/8” ribbon from Michaels; I tried using my Chocolate Chip ribbon, but because it’s only 3/8”, I wasn’t thrilled with the size of the rose, I wanted it to be bigger.

I loved the lines of the paper and I wanted to keep the card simple, with the focus on the ribbon rose.

For the inside, I knew I had to be careful not to make it too simple, but needed some pizzaz as well. joyofdance3 I picked out the flower and flourish stamp from the same set, and coloured the flowers with SU Pretty in Pink, and then SU Purely Pomegranate layered on top.  I added tiny little pearls to each flower.joyofdance4

I was going to stamp “A Promise Made” on the inside, but decided that I didn’t want to crowd it, and decided to leave it blank.

Make sure to check out all the great submissions at ThursdaySweetTreat!

And yes, I know I’m two TTIC challenges behind…I will get them done, eventually!

Happy Thursday!

Ciao for now,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog