Thursday, April 16, 2009

Holy Cow! She finally made a card!

Hello strangers!  I know, I know, it’s been too long!  Don’t you hate when that thing called ‘life’ and ‘responsibility’ get in the way??

So after nearly two weeks *gasp* of not stamping, I made the time tonight to start an order of baby cards that I received.  My customer asked for 6 cards in all, some babies have already arrived, one boy and one girl, 3 others will arrive shortly, and she asked for a spare card since she has a gut feeling she’ll be needing one soon.

Of course, since I haven’t stamped in a while, I wasn’t up to date on my supplies…meaning I’m running out of Tombo adhesive tape.  I had just enough to finish 2 cards, so the rest will have to wait until I can go out tomorrow. 

I used the layout from Taylor’s weekend sketch (last weeks) and I bluestork1 finally inked up a My Favorite Things stamp set that I’ve had sitting in the wrapper for about 2 months now.

I picked the stork stamp and set to work on the baby boy and baby girl cards.  I immediately pulled out the Fun Flock, and it worked perfectly!

Thank goodness for glue pens, that’s all I have to say!

bluestork2 Here’s a close up of the boy stork.  I used SU Salebration paper, it’s the perfect ‘boy’ colour combo.  The card base is Sahara Sand, and the dark blue paper is one I found in my stash.  I used some Bashful Blue ribbon and painted the end of a safety pin with blue acrylic paint to match. Cute, eh?pinkstork1

And here’s the baby girl card.  I used “My Little Bicycle” paper for this one, and some Bazzil Raspberry paper.  Again the card base is Sahara Sand, and I couldn’t find a pink ribbon I liked, so I went with white and tied a small bow. 

 

 

pinkstork3

I’m really happy the Fun Flock worked just as I wanted it too, I was a little worried the image was too small.

 

 

Well, since I’m out of adhesive, that’s it for me!

Happy Thursday!

Ciao for now,




P.S. excuse the alignment of this post, apparently I've also forgotten how to use Live Writer :S

6 comments:

These are too cute! Love the flock. Never used it but I want to!!

Recent blog post: Calling Sookie Stackhouse Lovers!

They are sooo adorably cute!!!
I've never used flock either! Just like I don't use glitter, lol! I imagine flock to be just as messy...?
Like always, you did a beautiful job :)

Recent blog post: Sissy's Scraps Card Recipe Challenge #1

Thanks Tonya!
I love Flock, I've only got a few colours, but they're really perfect for some images

Thanks Margie :)
No flock AND no glitter? oh my! LOL. You must try them! The flock is a bit messy, but I just use a little tray and it works well to keep the mess contained. It took me a little while to figure out the best way to get the flock to stick, the glue pen is the way to go.

Recent blog post: Foto Friday # 14: Modern Art at the Chateau du Versailles, Paris, France

Thanx, Steph!
I eyed some sparkly stuff today at Michael's, lol!, maybe next time! BUT, I will be ordering some flock - it looks awesome! TFS!

Recent blog post: 2RedBananas ~ Banana Split Sunday Sketch Challenge

These are both beautiful cards! They are so fresh and springy-looking - love them!

Recent blog post: Amethyst Damask Thank You Card

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog