Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Holy Cow! She finally completed a TTIC Challenge! TTIC 28- The Wedding

I will be the first to admit, I have been totally slacking when it comes to the TTIC challenges…I have missed more than I care to admit (darn ‘real life job’), but I COULD NOT bare to miss this one.  Breaking Dawn was on of my favs in the series, partly because Edward and Bella finally said “I do”.

Margie asked us to focus on the Wedding for this weeks Twilight Tuesday.com challenge and provided us with some inspiration as well with this photo

I know that red, white and black have become the unofficial colours of Twilight, but I don’t picture Edward and Bella’s wedding like this.

I see soft, romantic colours, and I think blue would be a big part of it because Edward loves Bella in blue.  We know that Alice kept roses as part of the theme, and so in creating my piece this week, I knew I was going to use the SU Fifth Avenue rose stamp.

I wanted to do something a little different, and looked around my apartment for inspiration.  I really wanted to make what we Italians call bonboneirri, or the ‘giveaways’ from the wedding.  I may still do that, but I came up with this idea in the meantime.

I created a Unity candle for Edward and Bella.

unitycandle1

I followed this very simple tutorial at Splitcoaststampers ; who knew tissue paper, wax paper, stamps and a heat gun is all you need! oh, and  candle of course.

Here’s a close up:

unitycandle2

This is another SU stamp, DSC06895and one that I’ve used before for a TTIC challenge, for a wedding card that I thought Bella would give to Edward. I did think at first to make the candle match the card, but I wasn’t sure white satin ribbon on an ivory candle would look so good.

 unitycandle5

So I used chocolate satin ribbon because I think it goes so well with the blue flowers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Margie also asked us:

What are your favorite things in a wedding? and/or most memorable ‘in real life’ or movie/tv wedding you’ve ever seen…?

My favourite things in a wedding…I like the tradition of all of it, the exchanging of vows, and rings and seeing the groom’s face when he sees his bride for the first time.

My most memorable ‘in real life’ wedding would have to be my friends Alison and Jamie’s wedding, last summer; I was a bridesmaid, and it was a great party!

n508799240_506239_584

*whispers* although technically, I don’t remember much after dinner….. I told you it was a great party!

Make sure to check out everyone else’s submissions this week!

Happy Wednesday!

Ciao for now,

13 comments:

hahaha about the after party! Your candle is great. I always over heat those! So lovely!! Your card is fantastic too! I'm glad you're back. I've missed ya!

Yea! She's back! ;)
Beautiful candle! I love the ribbon with the blue flowers! Very pretty!
Pretty card too! I love what you did :)

Recent blog post: Sissy's Scrap Anything Challenge #1 by Sara

I LOVE the candle!
Wonderful idea!

I like how you did the candle, anything with roses I love. I think it would have been perfect for Them. Great job.

Recent blog post: TTIC #28 "The Wedding"

Wow --this is very impressive! Very pretty and just perfect for the challenge! Glad you were able to play along this week.

Recent blog post: Thanking a Friend, Once Again

What a perfect compliment to the wonderful card you made! You are brilliant!

Recent blog post: Earth Day- Part Two

beautiful candle and card!!! Welcome back!! :)

What a wonderful idea making the Unity Candle! And it is so beautiful!

What a great idea to make a Unity Candle! That's such a unique idea for this challenge. Love it!

Recent blog post: TTIC #28 Part 1

That candle is VERY cool! Great idea.

Recent blog post: nine years

Loving that Unity Candle and Wedding Card! Great job!

xoxo

Recent blog post: Week #3: Challenge #1- Anything except a LO or Card!

That candle is VERY cool! Great idea.

Recent blog post: nine years

Yea! She's back! ;)
Beautiful candle! I love the ribbon with the blue flowers! Very pretty!
Pretty card too! I love what you did :)

Recent blog post: Sissy's Scrap Anything Challenge #1 by Sara

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog