Thursday, April 23, 2009

RANT: My very own real life Seinfeld episode

Technorati Tags: ,,,

I had a one hour in-town meeting today at 10 am, and an out of town meeting at 2 pm.  It’s a 3 hour drive to my second meeting, one way.  I arrived at the car rental place at 9am.

This is what happened to me today:

Except:

Add in an offer for a compact car: Not safe, I don’t care what you say.

And an offer for a minivan:

Agreed to after I negotiated a reduced price for the gas that this Beast would consume.  I sat in the car to drive away and realized:

 

The seat height is not adjustable and my feet don’t touch the pedals.  I’m 5’6”.  This should not be an issue!

Back inside I go, where I have to spend another 15 minutes telling them I’m going to walk out without renting a car; I finally conceded when they arranged for me to pick up a car at another location, after my first meeting, on my way to the second meeting.   They promised me it would take no more than 2 minutes, and I would have a full tank of gas so that I can just ‘get in and go’.

Meeting #1 completed, off to pick up the 2nd rental car and give back the Beast.

So, I just got home and I called my good friend HILL to come over and serve chill.

DSC07936

Happy Thursday.

Ciao for now,

1 comments:

Oh my. Hilarious retelling and great visual aids. :D The feet picture cracked me up. :) I used to work at a rental car place and we NEVER tried to get people to pay for more than what they reserved. That's just wrong.

Recent blog post: five

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog