Tuesday, March 24, 2009

One Bella; Two Looks

I bet you clicked on this post thinking it was going to be about Bella Swan (it is Twilight Tuesday after all)…but not this time!

I’m talking about Stamping Bella!

bellaclose1 bellaclose2

I finally brought home my first Bella stamp; I had been eyeing them for a loooooooong time, but just never got around to ordering any.  They’re a wonderful Canadian company with great products, and I just love their style.  I found some Bella stamps on my trip to ScrappingGreatDeals, as I mentioned last week.  The Bella stamps were one of the things that just jumped into my basket!

Remember my rule? For every black and white card I make, I have to make one with colour.  This was one of the few times that a colour card came to me before a black and white one. Shocking, I know.

So without further ado, here is my colour card (sorry the pics are a bit dark):

cocktailbella2

I used my new favourite paper from Little Yellow Bicycle…isn’t it perfect!? I only bought one sheet of each, but good thing ScrappingGreatDeals is only a 5 minute drive!

cocktailbella3

I used my watercolour pen to colour; for the jeans I layered Bashful Blue, Bordering Blue and Not Quite Navy.  I am not very patient when it comes to watercolouring, so waiting for each colour to dry was somewhat painful.  For Bella’s top I used Pretty in Pink, Pixie Pink and Pink Passion (Bella Swan would hate all that pink!)

I coloured Bella’s belt orange and her flip flops too.  I used Crystal Effects on the Martini.

dewdrops1

I also got to use my home-made dew drops.  Yes! Home-made! All you need is a hot glue gun, and a silicone mat, and glue away! These were made using glitter glue, it’s very subtle and doesn’t photograph very clearly, but if you click on the picture, you’ll be able to see it a bit better.

Now for the sentiment, which is the reason I picked up the stamps in the first place.  Oh wait, they jumped in my basket. Right.

cocktailbella4

Isn’t that saying fabulous!!??  I struggled with the inside of the card, I still think it’s a bit boring, but I’m not sure what else to do.

Ok, here’s the second look for this Bella stamp.  I love how a few different colours and different paper can give it a whole other look.  This is definately what I think of when I think of Chanel:

cocktailbellaclassy1

This is a BIG card- 5.5” by 5.5”.  It was really the only way I could fit the sentiment on the front, which I really wanted to do in the colour card, but it just wasn’t big enough.  I picked some paper from Me and My Big Ideas in my fav black and white and went to town!  There’s lots of bling, but it’s Chanel, after all!

cocktailbellaclassy2

I coloured Bella’s hair brown, and her pants are black, shaded with some grey ink, again all watercoloured.  I used my MS glitter in Hematite for her flip flops and her tank top.  It’s not quite black and not quite silver, the perfect glittery combination!

Again, I used Crystal Effects for the martini. Some satin ribbon, paper flowers and a rhinestone brad filled up the left corner, it was looking somewhat empty and I’m happy how it balances.

These cards demonstrate one of the reasons why I love stamping so much; all you need is some different paper and you can create an infinite number of designs with the same image.

I mentioned it is Twilight Tuesday, meaning there’s another challenge up at TwilightTuesday.com.  This week’s challenge is about Carlisle Cullen, Edward’s dad.  I’m going to have to think about this one for a little while, nothing has come to me as of yet; but make sure to check out what everyone else has done!  I’m going to take a little break and then start my blog hop and check out everyone’s entries.

Happy Tuesday!

Ciao for now,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog