Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Monday!

I was a bit absent online this weekend, which makes me laugh since I finally! got my computer back and *fingers crossed* it seems to be ok. 

I received my new SU! order on Thursday and was looking forward to playing and creating some new cards, but then Friday night I decided to go car shopping and start test driving, and well, it stressed me out.  I love cars, but the two that I’m comparing are so even on paper, it’s coming down to price and my liking of the vehicle, which is making it hard to pick.  I’m going for test drives round two this week, so maybe one will come ahead of the other after that.

I spent Saturday afternoon with my friend D, we went for Thai food and ran some errands, it was a good visit and we had such a laugh when I told her one of the test drives wasn’t allowed to include left hand turns (apparently it’s policy for the first test drive, they need to follow a specific route).   She thought it was hilarious that a dealership would actually think a customer would purchase a car without making a left hand turn.  It is really funny!

Now that we’re all caught up, I’ll share with you the cards I did make this weekend.  I mentioned last week I re-discovered some sticker quotes all about friendship and I'm determined to use them.  Some of them are wonderful quotes.  I made this card with my new SU! paper (yay for Sale-a-bration!)friendheartjoy1

I was really happy to see that my MS heart punch was THE perfect size for the hearts on the patterned paper.  This card is pretty simple. 

I did manage to use one of my new SU! sets “To have and to Hold”.  It’s a wonderful stamp sets for weddings, and as soon as I saw it in the catalogue, I had this card in my head.tohaveandtohold6

I used some of the beautiful paper I won in the January TwilightTuesday.com blog candy, and found some red paper to match (it’s actually really hard with all the different shades of red, I must’ve tried 6 different red papers!)

tohaveandtohold3

I inked the stamp in VersaMark first, then inked with Dew Drop Memento ink in Rhubarb Stalk, then poured some clear embossing powder and used my heat gun to set it.  I added 3 adhesive pearls to the side and one tiny pearl to the flower in the Bride’s hair just to tie it all in

tohaveandtohold4

On the inside I used the frame stamp included in the set and stamped “to have and to hold”.  I’m really happy that this came out so well, I get nervous with stamping inside of frames.

I made a few others, but will wait to share them, I still need to take the photos.

Have a great afternoon!

Ciao for now,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog