Monday, March 23, 2009

RAK- Pink Elephant

For the past few weeks, I’ve been participating in the challenges Natasha hosts on her blog Thursdaysweettreats.  Two weeks ago, I missed participating in the theme “Artists Safari”; but had to go check out the works of everyone else.  That is when I spotted this pink elephant :

DSC07722

It was created by Lorrie Veasey, of Our Our Name is Mud.  Let me tell you why it caught my eye.

When my sister and I were little, and we were sick, hurt, sad or upset, our Dad told us to think of Pink Elephants in the room to make us giggle.  It’s something that I, admittedly, have used in my babysitting days.  It works.

I emailed Lorrie telling her my story and asked if she was going to list it, because I couldn’t find it in her shop.  She said it was mine and she was putting it in the mail for me straight away, no arguments.  

I received my Pink Elephant on Friday, which I’ve named Ellie;  pinkellie

I don’t know where Ellie will live right now, I tried to put her in the jungle that are my house plants, but she seems a little dwarfed. 

When I have kids, Ellie will live in their room, and my Dad’s Pink Elephant will make them giggle too.

You must go check out Lorrie’s store , she is a very talented artist, with a wonderful spirit and soul.  Please also check out her blog, you won’t regret it!  

Thank you Lorrie!

Happy Monday,

Ciao for now,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog