Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Look Ma, no stamps!

friendshipinbloom4

I recently re-discovered some clear stickers I bought for a scrapbook I made for a friend.  All the quotes have the theme of friendship.

I saw this particular quote and had an ‘ah-ha’ moment.  I went to my paper stash and pulled out a piece of paper that was still in it’s clear page protector.  I am a self-admitted paper hoarder; I was drawn to this paper because of the colours, and just knew it was perfect for this quote.

friendshipinbloom3

I used some Bazzil shimmery cardstock and some SU cardstock which matched the blue in the flowers perfectly.  I found some green and blue rhinestones in my stash and put one of each in the paper flowers.  I’m really happy how this one came together, and will be the first card in my new Friendship series I will be releasing in my Etsy store over the next few weeks.

And no stamps! can you believe it?

So…does this post look any different? More organized? a better layout?? That’s right!! I have my computer back!!!!! I got ‘the call’ today (well, after I’ve called each day for the past 4 days)…my poor computer was so sick.   A total of 3000 viruses were found.  

Yes, you read correctly, no need to adjust your monitor;  apparently the main virus was a ‘root virus’ which infected EVERYTHING and destroyed the operating system.  They can’t trace it back to a specific point, so they can’t tell me where it came from.  Even my virus scanner was infected! Jeez!!   I lost quite  a bit, but mostly the stuff that makes life easier, like internet bookmarks, etc.  So, that’ll take time to build up again.

Make sure you come back tomorrow to see my submission to this week’s Thursdaysweettreats theme.  I’m going to email my submission in right now and hopes it makes the deadline…either way I’ll share with you tomorrow.

Happy Wednesday!

Ciao for now,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog