Sunday, March 1, 2009

Peter Cottontail and a Cocktail dress

Admittedly, I haven't been feeling very crafty lately, I think most of it stems from my primary computer still not being fixed (it decided to catch a virus and has been at the 'doctor's for a week now)...I'm hoping I will get it back tomorrow. I feel a little lost without my computer and although I have all my files saved nicely on my new external hard drive...it's just not the same. I saw Taylor's sketch for her Friday Cupcake challenge and thought it looked great and might help me out of my funk.


I picked some paper I had left over from my Easter cards last year and chose the bunny from Unity's Easter Blessings set which I had yet to ink up. I realized I have 3 Easter bunny stamps, all the same picture (bunny from behind) by 3 different companies, ...I just think it's too cute to pass up! They're all different sizes, so it does come in handy. I inked in Cat's Eye Platinum and added some fun flock to the tail. Some dew drops finished it off, and it's actually exactly like the sketch layout for once!


I still think this card is missing something, but I'm not sure what. I don't have a sentiment stamped on the outside, and might leave it for the inside of the card...but it looks a little bare. Any suggestions?


I'm going to apologize now for the dark picture; since I don't have my primary computer back yet, I also don't have a very good photo editing program where I can play with the lighting.


A few weeks ago I told you about a new rule I made for myself. I tend to drift to black and white for many of my cards, so if I make a B&W card, my rule says I have to make one with lots of colour. Since I've been feeling like some of my mojo is gone, I decided to work backwards. My bunny card was full of colour, so I went to my comfort zone of B&W to find my mojo. I saw this next layout in a magazine and have had this card idea in my head for about a week.


I picked my favourite GinaK stamp set and my favourite stamp- the cocktail dress. I've made a few cards with this stamp and tended to stamp polka dots on the dress, but I wanted the Rhinestone adhesive to really stand out, so I left the dress plain white. A wide satin white ribbon tied around my favourite flocked DP finishes it off. It looks pretty close to the card I had in my head, so I'm quite happy.
Just a quick post today, I'm also mourning the loss of my MS Live Writer program on my computer; I hadn't been blogging long before my friend Julie told me about it, but now I miss it dearly and posting right into Blogger is driving me a bit mad.
*fingers crossed my computer comes back to me tomorrow and everything will be right in the world again*
Happy Sunday!
Ciao for now,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog