Sunday, March 29, 2009

Champagne Sundays and Champagne Birthdays

Happy Sunday!  Are you one of those who likes Sunday? or dreads them because Mondays come next?  I enjoy my Sundays, and try not to make a habit of dreading Monday morning…although tomorrow for I will be spending 7 hours on the road. 

I had a co-worker to celebrated “Champagne Sundays”.  He and his fiancé would pop a bottle of champagne and celebrate the weekend they had just shared.  I think it’s a great way to keep a bit of perspective…although a bottle of Champagne each weekend? Yikes!   I think he said after a few weeks, they switched to sparkling wine, lol.

I was hopping around SCS yesterday and noticed this card;  I think it’s a great layout and since I needed a birthday card for my youngest cousin, I decided it was time for a CASE. My cousin will be celebrating her Champagne Birthday this year, 19 years old on the 19th of April.  (I think I got jipped…I was born on the 9th of July! Unless my parents swapped some 7-up for Champagne, I’m sure I missed out).  irinabday2

I kept with the Champagne theme and chose some soft yellow Bazzil cardstock, which matched perfectly with the SU paper I got in Sale-A-Bration.  I used My Favorite Things stamp from the “Say Charge” set…I just love this one! I mounted everything on dimensionals. 

I found some great frosted silver brads in my stash (I really need to look there more often) and added some MS sparkle to the flower on the purse.  I’m satisfied with my colouring, but not thrilled.  I think I need to be more patient with watercolouring.

  Since I irinabday3have no clue what to buy her for her 19th birthday, I’ll give her some cash so she can spend as she likes.  So I turned the card into a money holder (don’t worry I’m giving her more than $20, it’s all I had on me); I hadn’t made one for quite a while, and it shows in my less than clean cut.  I added the sentiment which is from GinaK.  I think it looks a little bland, so I might spice it up with some….well, something.

I also made some Easter tags today, Easter tags1

I just love this little bunny stamp! I added glitter to the tail, I tried some FunFlock, but I think the glitter looks better.

Well, that’s it for me~ off to celebrate the rest of my Champagne Sunday.  Cheers!

Ciao for now,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog